These are not in any particular order:-
1. Doing my art
2. Walking in the woods with the dog or any walking
3. Travelling to new places
4. Helping others
5. Being kind
6. Reading books or listening to podcasts
7. Sitting watching the sea or a fire and just relaxing
9. Talking and discussing things
10. Spending time listening to or playing with kids
11. Breaking the rules
12. Getting things done so they don’t build up
13. Doing things/activities with friends
14. Driving for just the fun of it with no planned destination
15. Listening to music especially live music
These and many more things bring me joy. Now I know this, I have no excuse not to do them.
Oh, and one more, writing my daily blog.
What brings you joy?
Happiness and joy in life are not made up of what we achieve in terms of qualifications, salaries, houses, sales, followers…it is made up of memories that we create in our heads, and the heads of others, of moments, activities and experiences we do with people who matter.
Moments that we can recount or recount together with others that makes us feel warm, happy and that we keep with us and cherish for a lifetime.
Never worry about whether or not you achieved enough tasks, duties, things in your life, it is less important.
We can choose to concern ourselves with creating the memories, that will become our legacy when we are gone, with the people who truly matter in our lives.
Wake up each day full of joy and gratitude for the journey we’ve had, for the treasure chest of memories already there. Grateful for all that we have, our partners, families, friends.
Everything that happens from the moment we wake up every day can be viewed as a bonus, an unexpected gift to be hugely thankful for.
We can then choose each day to do something small but special for ourselves or others that we love and care about, or even for a stranger. The small things matter and make us feel good about ourselves and help others to feel good too.